Re: Password problems

On 16 Feb 2008, at 19:46, Frank McCormick wrote:

It may also be that gksu saved the old password in keychain, and he
set the keychain's password to be the same as the old password, and
now it's just asking him for the password to the keychain.

   That could be. I don't know. All I do know is GTK apps such as
Synaptic will only accept the old password.

Run gnome-keyring-manager and clear the old password. Keyring itself has a separate password to it, it will ask you for it on launch, whether you want to change that is up to you, but just realize that it is a separately set password from you user account password.

--
Siraaj Khandkar

Ron Paul - Hope for America
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/