Re: Password problems

Frank McCormick wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:35:04 -0900
Siraaj Khandkar <sirconquer@gmail.com> wrote:
It may also be that gksu saved the old password in keychain, and he set the keychain's password to be the same as the old password, and now it's just asking him for the password to the keychain.

   That could be. I don't know. All I do know is GTK apps such as
Synaptic will only accept the old password.
Cheers
Please try the following from a terminal in gnome:

gksu ls
That should prompt you for the root password and should fail if the root account does not have a password.

gksudo ls
That should prompt you for your current user password (if configured so in /etc/sudoers)

Please experiment by providing your old/new password in each case and post back your findings.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi