Re: PAL to NTSC (DVD)

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 01:52:31PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:34:18AM -0500, Christopher Judd wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> >      A colleague just returned from a trip overseas, and he purchased
> > some DVDs along the way.  One of them is incoded in PAL, however.  Is
> > there an easy way to copy the DVD and convert it to NTSC, preferable
> > retaining subtitles, alternate languages, etc.?  Thanks.
>
> Why do you need it?
>
> Can't you watch it with your TV?

Because he doesn't have a PAL TV maybe?

Chris, you can rip it like any other DVD. So far as I know the ripper
programs are aware of PAL/NTSC encoding. Then you probably need to
transcode it into soe other format so that you can specify NTSC.

None of this is hard, only time and cpu-cycle consuming, and possibly
of questionable legality depending on where you are and how you intend
to use it,

Look at k-9copy and dvdrip