Problems setting the audio for shoutcast client.

I don't wanna broadcast my music, i wanna listen to someone else's.

I've tried a http://somewhere.com/whatever.pls into xmms, mp3blaster
and even xmms2/esperanza (worthess install) to no avail.
I can get the stream with icecream, but i can't redirect it. Using
icecream -stdout http://somewhere.com/whatever.pls | mpg123 -
should work, just as
mpg123 -@ http://somewhere.com/whatever.pls
but mpg123 gives me this error:
[../../../src/audio.c:267] error: Unable to set up output device!
Constraints: 22050, 11025 or 5512Hz.

I've also tried
mpg123 -@ http://82.102.13.202:8250/listen.pls -a /dev/nvidia0
and /dev/audio, /dev/snd... same error. I tried checking xmms's config
but the audio device is "default"... I'm using ALSA, the devide is an
nVidia chip: 00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High
Definition Audio (rev a2)

I've tried closing all audio applications (i.e. xmms) assuming one of
them could be blocking the device but the whole purpose of ALSA is to
allow multiple audio streams, i assume...

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nuno

--