Re: mail vs. Mutt

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/15/08 12:10, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

 On 02/15/08 10:47, Andrius wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:
 >> On 02/15/08 10:07, Andrius wrote:
 >>> Returning to the question about Mutt.
 >>> Why to complicate a life when all mailing tasks perfectly can do simple
 >>> command 'Mail'?
 >>
 >> What the hell does that mean?

That is reflections about what is best way to send and receive mail.
 You're a n00b.  Stop philosophizing and just start using a standard
 GUI mail client that fits well with your desktop.  KMail for KDE;
 Icedove or Evolution for GNOME.
I fail to see why not using "a standard GUI mail client" is n00bish.

???

Advocating ever more basic systems for reading mail may be silly,
(or may not be) but a n00b is unlikely to even know about mutt and
mail.

He *wants* to be a geek.  But the tenor of all his emails indicates
that he's (politely) a non-expert.  That's *OK*.  None of us were
weaned on Dennis Richie's teat.

True, Mutt is really for these who wanna be a  *geek*-n00b.
But using simpliest UNIX command - sorry, it is not n00bish. To learn use mail need max hour. While for Mutt. you must devote yourself to become a mutant for a months.

Andrius