Re: New User- Network Problem

On Fri February 15 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> If necessary, pull out everything that is not basic.  Since you
> installed from CD without networking, you'll still have the packages.
> I'd even go so far as to ensure that you have a backup of /etc/ before
> you start then purge everything you remove.  You want to get the box
> back to base plus a text editor, lynx, mc, ...
>
> At this point, you can then work with just the /etc/network/interfaces
> file.
>
> Here are my network config files which I hope may be of some use.
>
> Let us know how things go once you get rid of the GUI network config
> stuff.

thanks!
this will have to wait til at least tomorrow.. a real life calls:)
I have to go accept a load of mulch at our church and take my wife up to the
courthouse to get our permit to carry licenses renewed, fix dinner.. the
usual Friday afternoon STUFF.-:)
but thanks for the files, I'll save them and compare to mine, especially after
I uninstall any GUI crap..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800