Re: Freeze in iceweasel

>Hello,
>
>debian lenny: kernel 6.23 686, intel 3945 iwl, ati x1400 fglrx.
>iceweasel: lenny, addon bookmark sync&sort, dictionaries,
>mozilla-kaffeine, flash.
>
>I experience some freezes with iceweasel. They last from a few sec up to
>30 or maybe more. Then iceweasel works OK.
>While icew is freeze I can still use any other apps. Freezes starts when
>I go from one tab to another or when I open a new tab or when I load
>pages.
>It does not arrived each time I do one of this actions though.
>
>A part from icew all my other apps do fine.

I see this as well. In particular everytime I load
http://www.independent.co.uk/ it locks iceweasel for about 10 seconds.

I think it is just bad page design. The page has over 100 linked items.

Install the Adblock add-on and stop the website from loading all the *.swf
and *.js links. This might pinpoint what is causing your problem.

Regards
Adam