Re: [OT] things to look for in a flatpanel monitor

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I haven't googled this, but in looking around for a flatpanel LCD
>  monitor, what are the positive things to look for and the negative
>  things to avoid? Since the world is moving to flatpanels...

Now that I have more time to write, I will follow up on my previous email.
My family got my grandmother an LCD for Christmas and we went with
a 22" TN type for cost reasons. It is quite acceptable for the use it gets
but there is a just noticable gradient in brightness from top to bottom
(brighter at the bottom). This may be annoying to you, especially if you
use it for hours at a time. It doesn't bother me for the short times I use
my grandmothers computer, but if/when I get an LCD for myself, I will
avoid TN panels, which frequently have this issue. Currently, most 22"
LCDs are TNs.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers