Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

Micha wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:00:32 +0000
Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com> wrote:

michael wrote:
On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 14:41 +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
<snip trying to install acroread from debian-multimedia>

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  acroread-l10n-en: Depends: acroread (>= 8.1.2-0.0) but it is not
installable
E: Broken packages
mkb@amd64:~$

I'm running Debian Etch on AMD64 arch. Thanks, Michael

Acroread is not available for AMD64, you will need to run a 32 bit chroot environment. Its fairly easy to set up (I've got one :) ) but may be overkill if acroread doesn't do what you need. Google will help if you decide to go this route.

HTH

Wackojacko

Just installed acroread 8.1.2 from marillat on an amd64 system and it works
just fine (from the dependencies it does use the 32bit libraries though so it's
probably the 32bit version)

Yeah see my response to WT.  Fairly recent change though.

Wackojacko