Re: Using kppp with pon/poff? or alternate ppp status/monitor?

John Hasler wrote:
I would like to have some graphical way that could start ppp via an
applet...

Gpppon.

...and then display status (graph of incoming/outgoing data and
statistics either on the status bar or a small window).

Pppstatus in an Xterm.

Yes, I'm aware of pppstatus and pppstats; I don't want a text app as my
kterms are large and I want a small applet or window.

Shrink the Xterm Pppstatus is running in.

I use fvwm as WM and wmppp.app in a small window: that shows status and allows you to work with ppp.

In addition I have a clock in a similar small window that changes color when the ppp connection fails: whether /var/run/ppp0.pid exists or not.

Hugo