Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 01:39:46PM +0200, Micha wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:56:06 +0200
> "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Doesn't Acrobat (adobe) let one add notes to a PDF? That feature
> > sounds familiar.
>
> Acrobat yes (although I found it hard to work with). Acrobat reader AFAIK, no.

It should work with Acrobat Reader IF the organization producing the PDF have enabled Reader
Annotations/Notes. AFAIK this is only available with PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 8 >).

> I saw a couple of programs that set the pdf as a background and allow to write
> over it (don't remember the names at the moment), but they were all rather
> limited

Does GIMP support layers ? If it can parse the PDF as an image perhaps that might be the way to go ? I
personally don't know as I don't use GIMP.

--
Regards,
S.D.Allen - Toronto