Re: Multiple Java installed, how to switch?

Александър Л. Димитров wrote:
> Quoth Davide Mancusi:
>> Magnus Therning ha scritto:
>>> How do I make sure that all the java-related links in /etc/alternatives
>>> are sane?
>>>
>>> I installed icedtea, then purged it and installed sun-java5 and
>>> sun-java6.  Some links in /etc/alternatives are still pointing to the
>>> (now non-existing) tools that came with icedtea.  How do I easily switch
>>> them to all point to the tools of a specific java package?
>> 	That's weird. Does the following help?
>> # update-alternatives --config java
>> You might want to try also
>> # update-alternatives --auto java
>> and have a look at the other link groups related to java (man
>> update-alternatives).
>
> There also is 'update-java-alternatives'. Should do the same thing...
>
> # update-java-alternatives -l
> java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
> java-gcj 1042 /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj
> # update-java-alternatives -s java-gcj
> #
>
> this should take care of your problem.

Indeed it does :-)  It was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for,
thanks!

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman