Re: Video card suggestion

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 06:45:31PM -0500, KS wrote:
> I am planning on assembling an AMD based system. I noticed that most of
> the motherboards that I am looking at (socket AM2 or AM2+) do not
> onboard video card. That isn't a problem as I will put a dedicated video
> card in there. But I'm a bit confused as to which brand to go for:
> Nvidia or ATI.

It depends (as always).

-- Do you want or need 3D, or have you been happy with the nv driver?

-- Do you have philisophical or security concerns around using nVIDIA's
kernel blob driver?

Check out the opendesktop website and follow the links and see where
things stand right now with ATI.  My feeling is that if ATI is opening
up specs, we should support them once the ATI drivers come on line.
That website should let you know.

Doug.