Re: vanishing desktop menu and background pattern.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 11:53:11AM -0700, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> Folk,
>
> This morning I updated a Lenny system which has
> XFCE4.  After the update the desktop background
> was a black & white houndstooth pattern and the
> desktop menu was gone.  The panels remained
> operational.
>
> Someone please explain why this happens and what
> repair is recommended.  Removing and reinstalling
> the account seems more drastic than necessary.

my memory is that sometimes, on upgrades, xfce *unchecks* the "Allow
xfce to manage desktop" option in one of the preference screens. I
don't remember which one it's in, but there are only a few. I seem to
recall that just rechecking that option fixes it right up.