Re: Gigabyte M61P-S3 and wild MAC address of ethernet interface

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 11:58:38 +0200, Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got Debian 4.0r2 and Gigabyte M61P-S3 motherboard and I noticed
> it has "dynamic" MAC address :-/
>
> I tried to fix the problem with the help of document
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/501 but with no success.
> The problem is that every time I boot my system Debian finds the new
> ethernet interface and so I do not have internet connection.
>
> Has someone else had similar problem and so also sollution?

I am not familiar with this problem, so I cannot promise anything, but I
think it will help if you post some more information about your system.
Let's start with the output of the following commands:

lspci -nn | grep -i net

dmesg | egrep -i 'mac|eth'

/sbin/ifconfig

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules

cat /etc/network/interfaces

          Florian   |