Re: domain wide spam email address

On 10-feb-2008, at 3:08, Alex Samad wrote:

Hi

I want to set up an email address where for my domain, were users can send spam
emails to and they will be added to the spam DB.

I use exim and spamassassin. All my spam processing gets done as user
spamassassin, so I thought I could just process all mails sent to spamassassin
as spam with a procmail rule like

#
# Record it as spam
:0 fw
| /usr/bin/sa-learn --spam

but then I realised how do I get it to ignore the senders address (because it
will be one of my addresses and I don't when then blacklisted ?)

in stead of using a mailaddress, I simply created a shared folder, so users can drag spam into it to have it processed. You'd probably need something like uwimap of cyrus to do that however. Since you don't mention a MDA, I guess you use something like maildir and I don't know how you're supposed to make shared mail folders then. Others may be of more help there.

HTH,

Peter

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who mistake it for binary...