Ethernet card does not work after Mother Board Change

I built a system using 4.0r2 net-install and have kernel 2.6.18-5-k7 installed.

The motherboard failed and the replacement board has a different type ethernet card.

In the kern.log file, I can see the ethernet card is recognized and called eth0 but:

        The card is not connected to eth0 in ifconfig - there is no
        eth0.

        There is not an interrupt level in /proc/interrupts for the
        ethernet card.

        If I try an ifup eth0, I get an error about a non-existant
        device.

I tried entering the driver name in /etc/modules but that does not help.

I need some assistance on how to proceed to get the system to properly setup the ethernet card.

Thanks.

Butch