Re: Shell script function problems

phillinux wrote:

I'm trying to write a bash shell script to create user accounts that calls 2 functions. I can't call these functions from the script or the command line. The set command seems to show the loaded script in the shell (loaded with . FunctionName at command line) with other environmental variables. ALSO: The type command does not recognize the function.

The script and functions work on my laptop running Fedora (with one small glitch). Is there something I can do to my Debian server to get functions recognized??

Are these functions by chance fedora specific? Or are they built into your shell script? How are you loading them into your script?

Thx,
Jeff