Re: Question about flack

Jochen Schulz wrote:
Andrius:
there is new CD box on the table that should get inside PC.
On the box is mark "24bits/96khz recording".

Is this a (more or less regular) audio CD or does it contain FLAC
files? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to rip
an audio CD with Rhythmbox?
Yes.

In Rhytmbox preferences string to flack next:
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! flacenc name=enc
So, encoding is  going only about 44100khz sampling like for casual CD.
How to make that encoding should act for 96000Hz sampling.

I don't know how to configure Rhythmbox but FLAC may contain 24Bit,
96kHz audio. Have a look into 'man flac', options --bps and
--sample-rate.

J.