Re: Question about flac

Hugo Vanwoerkom:

> But it gave me a chance to find out about FLAC, sounds neat.

It is! It looks as if it may become the de-facto standard for lossless
audio (well, there's Apple's lossless format, too...). I use it to
archive my CD collection and encode to other (lossy) formats only when I
need them. What's especially nice is that FLAC uses Vorbiscomment for
metadata storage. That's why you can encode Ogg Vorbis directly from
FLAC files while keeping all the original metadata.

J.
--
I often blame my shortcomings on my upbringing.
[Agree]   [Disagree]