Re: Dbus, Hald Groups?

David Baron:
> Dbus is running in the 111 "crontab" group!
> Hal is running in the 127 "boinc" group!
>
> Are these number reserved for these?

Debian uses the UID range from (I think) 500-999 for system users (users
which don't belong to a person, but are used by daemons provided by
specific packages). These are assigned dynamically when you install a
package which needs one.

However, on my system dbus is running as the user messagebus. Hal isn't
installed on the machine I currently have access to, but boinc doesn't
look right either. Are you sure you aren't confusing user and group ids?

J.
--
There is no justice in road accidents.
[Agree]   [Disagree]