Re: low-MHz server

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:26:47AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/04/08 23:03, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Sure.  We don't have florescents, nor even halogens.  Plain ordinary
> > (soon to be discontinued) incandescant.  Analog radio is fine (IIRC,
> > intermediate frequency of 155 MHz).
>
> Visible light is 100,000GHz and infrared is 10,000GHz.  Ultraviolet
> is even higher.  How does she survive?

Well, humans have their own half-decent sheilding for that.  The skin
prevents UV damage to the nervous system beneath it, it also turns
infrared into heat which is cooled by the blood.  The skull shields the
brain from most of this stuff and sunglasses when outside take care of
the rest.

:)

OK, so my ancient box only has to be functional until we have
holographic computers with isolinear chips and data is stored in
hyperspace.

:)

Seriously,  I don't know what the upper limit on the range of troubling
frequencies are.  It is higher than that found in consumer electronics
right now.

Doug.