Re: Suppressing kernel 'printk's.

* Peter F Bradshaw <pfb@exadios.com> [2008 Feb 04 18:15 -0600]:
> Hi;
>
> I have a Debian kernel in which some printks have been left. These make
> a mess of the console and logs. Is there any way, other than recompiling
> the kernel, of suppressing the printk output?

Did you uncomment the following line in /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Uncomment the following to stop low-level messages on console
kernel.printk = 4 4 1 7

It works here.  I suppose that there may be higher priority messages
you're seeing that I'm not.  Somebody will probably chime in on the
significance of the numeric values and my Googler is broken ATM.

- Nate >>