saving streaming video to disk

Our local public-access cable station posts most of its shows on the web as
streaming video.  I can play these in Iceweasel, which calls the mplayer
plugin.  While a show is playing, two identical processes are running, e.g.:

mplayer -wid 0x160192b -vf scale=320:-3 -osdlevel 1 -nojoystick \
  -noconsolecontrols -cookies -softvol -slave -user-agent NSPlayer \
  -nomouseinput -cache 512

I can also play the show just by pasting the last argument
( into the browser URL

Is there a way I can download the whole video (as WMV or ASF) to my hard
drive?  I messed with wget briefly without success.