Re: What package does my bug report belong to?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: What package does my bug report belong to?
- From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 19:48:55 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1201781282.6722.13.camel@odisea>
Jose Maria Gomez Llorente wrote:
> I have an ACER TM7720 (ATI Mobility Radeon 2400 XT card)
> laptop under Debian 4.0.
> When I press Alt-Ctrl-F1 from the gdm login window or from the gnome
> desktop to switch session and then come back with Alt-Ctrl-F7, the
> screen is screwed up with a mess of colors; mouse and keyboard seem to
> work fine. I have to press Alt-Ctrl-Backspace to recover the login
> What package does my bug report belong to?
> Thanks a lot.
First I would narrow down the bug a little bit more before reporting it like
this. For example
1) uninstall gdm and use startx to start gnome and see if the problem
2) Try a more basic/appropriate video driver and see if you experience the
3) Instead of gnome, what happens if you use a different desktop
4) Are there any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log when X is started via startx
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi