Re: OT:weird problem downloading big files

Original Message:
From: Raj Kiran Grandhi grajkiran@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:58:00 +0530
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: OT:weird problem downloading big files

Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi,
> I've stuck with a weird problem...
> I can't download "big" files, I mean, I can't download well DVD iso
files, for
> example, if I try download any file of
> I get something so:
> wget
> --00:40:53--
>            => `mandriva-linux-2008.0-free-dvd-i586.iso'
> Resolviendo linux.cucea.udg.mx...
> Connecting to linux.cucea.udg.mx||:80... conectado.
> Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta... 200 OK
> Longitud: 269.768.704 (257M) [application/octet-stream]

Does the version of wget you are using support large files? (> 4GB) I
faced a similar problem a couple of years ago and upgrading wget to the
most recent version solved it.

Try "downloading" a dvd iso from a local machine (say localhost running
apache) If it fails, try upgrading your client.

>  0%
> [
> 14.872        17.01K/s
> 257M??? Why other iso files has similar problem....
> At first glance, I think that my wireless router was putting a limit, but
> I connect directly to my ISP... I'm not behind a proxy (well, I don't if
> ISP has one) but it's a recent
> problem, please could say me what's wrong?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think routers operate at a much
lower level and don't know anything about files and their sizes.

>>You are correct.  Routers operate at the IP level and aren't even aware

Raj Kiran Grandhi