Unstable wireless connection in Etch

Hey guys,

I have Etch running like a charm here. But recently I've been experiencing some unstable wireless connection on this laptop. Here are a few notes of the issue:

 * Connection suddenly is lost and goes to 0/92 (according to sudo iwconfig)
 * Started occurring randomly during the past month.
 * Rebooting the system does not solve the issue.
 * The wireless connection would suddenly come back up after a random interval of time.
 * Closing the laptop lid and opening it again seems to quicken the time the wireless connection would come up.
 * Laptop Specs: 500MHz PowerBook G4, 512MB RAM, Debian Etch

Does it sound like a hardware issue? How can I restart the "wireless subsystem?"

Thanks for all the help.

Amit