Re: Trying to get on the web with wvdial.

On Monday 28 January 2008 06:45:48 am John Hasler wrote:
> Install pppconfig.  Run it as root and answer the questions.  You can add
> yourself as a ppp user in the "Advanced" menu.  You will then be able to
> start ppp with "pon" and stop it with "poff".
> --
> John Hasler

I tried using wvdial as it seemed simple, and I want off the
Suse system as soon as I can. SuSE 10.3 is really rough
and unpolished. I have been looking at the Debian system
for a few years now but never made the time to make the
move. Using Debian will help me better learn whats under
the Linux hood. I think I will download the pppconfig script
and try it and see if works well. I presume it was written for
the Debian system.

It has been years since I hand configured a dial up connection.
I have been using SuSE's Kinternet for a while now. If it comes down
to it I will sit down with the latest PPP Howto and do it the old
fashioned way.

Thanks
Walt