Re: Configuring Wireless Dlink

 debian:~# iwconfig sit0 essid Corporation Error for wireless request
 "Set ESSID" (8B1A) : SET failed on device sit0 ; Invalid argument.
 debian:~# iwconfig sit0 key Corporation Error for wireless request
 "Set Encode" (8B2A) : invalid argument "chave"

Make sure that sit0 really is the name of the device.

I do not understand what you are doing in the above....

My wireless network is configured as follows:

Name of the Network (configured on the router): foo-net
Encryption: WEP
First WEP-Key: 1BA45646

Thus, as root you type the following:
# iwconfig sit0 essid foo-net key 1BA45646
# dhclient sit0

On my system "essid" is not alway set propererly therefore
check with by doing iwconfig sit0.

s.