Re: A GPG question

On Tue January 29 2008, s. keeling wrote:
> >  when you find out, let me know. I screwed up my main key by adding
> >  an email address ( the one for this list). It seems to have taken
> >  over the main email address now, so I obviously did it wrong...
>
> I've no idea whether it's authoratative, but:
>
>    http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_doc/startgnupg.html#revoke

actually I joined gpg-users and got some help there.
the answer was to use the command primary. by default the new email is
promoted to primary, which I didn't want. so in Kgpg you use the :edit in
terminal" command, after select the key you want, then issue the primary
command.
simple, once you learn what you are doing:) I think I will stay in gnupg-users
for a while and learn..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800