Re: cups works but dont print out!

On 30/01/2008, Andrea Ganduglia <nonews.org@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > How can I reset my printer from local machine?
>
> > In a web browser  type http://localhost:631/printers/ in the address bar and
> > from there you should be able change the printer options.
>
> I know. My problem is different; when I print a paper with format
> different from config printer, or when I print but paper tray is empty
> I cannot print again.
>
> I cannot print even after I switched off and on the printer or restart
> cups or reboot my computer. I can print If I attach printer to another
> computer.
>
> I think that the printer enter in a pause or error status and when it
> plug to another machine it reset itself. How can I reset my printer
> without plug it to another PC?

Seems like printer out of memory issue but that should get resolved
once you reboot computer....

IAC give this a try...in your /etc/cups/printer.conf file edit the
definition of this printer by changing the line ErrorPolicy line to:

ErrorPolicy retry-job

Restart cups and see if it helps.

--
Regards,