Re: msttcorefonts_1.8_all.deb

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 10:40:33PM -0700, jeremy@crystalriverbaptist.org wrote:
> I am brand spankin' new to linux and it's world--don't know much about
> it really, but am trying to get debian installed along side an old
> win95 installation on an old laptop.  according to specifications, it
> will go on my machine.  however, the two different cd image files i've
> downloaded apparently have the same problem.  The installation stops,
> and when cd integrity is checked, the file named above "failed the md5
> checksum verification."  Any help in getting in to this is much
> apperciated.  Thank you.

Well, its only a fonts deb, I think (since I can't see the subject when
I reply to an email [comes with using Mutt on a terminal]).  As long at
the CD itself passed MD5 (after you downloaded it before you burned it).
Once you get things installed, you can change /etc/apt/sources.list to
just point to the debian archives and not use the CD.

Also, on Debian, you don't need to use ms fonts; there's the free
bitstream-vera.

Doug.