Re: [OT] Using aliases or functions in bash script

<Sigh...> sorry I wasted your time.

You know those of us who voluntarily help out here are just that,
volunteers. We do it because we like to help and because we enjoy
problem solving. But, speaking for myself, I really only like to help
those who help us help them.

All you have done is post a question and then respond to all the
answers with the equivalent of "you are stupid and didn't read my post
and are no help". Did it ever occcur to you that maybe you could give
people the benefit of the doubt, assume that people made a reasonable
effort and honestly missed something?

Allow me to demonstrate more appropriate responses below:

Ken said:

> >> Guess that I am having bad lucks now, having two people replied without
> >> even reading my question, and the two replies are the only replies that I
> >> get...

Instead of complaining pointlessly, maybe you could have said
something like:

"Well, in my OP, I tried sourcing ~/.bashrc like this:

bash -O expand.... ". ~/.bashrc; (foo bar baz);"

and it didn't work. "

That would have made it perfectly clear where Ken had gone wrong. It
would have allowed me to see that you had in fact tried that option
from a couple of emails back and that it failed. Then I wouldn't have
seen you just spouting off about how unhelpful everyone was being but
actually proactively trying to solve your problem. In a situation
where someone missed the implication of the very last line of your
post, Ken's suggestion was very reasonable.

> > how does this not answer your question? Ken suggests that you need to
> > source .bashrc. That makes sense to me. . .
>
> <Sigh....> Read it again pls, my OP, the last line.

No. I don't want to go back into my archive of 20,000 d-u posts and
find your OP and read it in close detail now that we are several
levels into this thread. Do you see? You are asking for help but
asking the helpers to jump through hoops because you are unwilling to
repeat yourself. That's just pointless arrogance, I guess.

> 3rd now.

whatever.