Prism54 Wlan (lenny)

Hello everbody,

i installed Debian Sid 2 days and i cann't not get my wireless (Netgear
WG 511) card to work. If I plug it in the PCMCIA slot the prism54 module
gets loaded properly but it seems that the firmware is not uploaded to
the card. I've put it in all possible direcotries (for example /lib/
firmware/ /usr/lib/firmware/hotplug etc. etc), so it should be found by
the module. Also the output of 'dmesg' doesn't contain any error message.

I also compiled my own kernel (2.4.26rc8) with the debian config but
neither the debian kernel nor my own kernel make my wifi card work :-(.

I also read a bit about google and found that the hotplug package is
needed, but that was replaced by udev. Has my problem somthing to do with
that?

Thanks for helping!

Best wishes
Klaus