bootcd, boocdwrite, kernel with CD support built in

Hello!

I want to use bootcd to write my Debian system onto a CD.

That CD want then use to install this system on my old Toshiba laptop.

The laptop requires other kernel, then my Pentium 4 machine.

I think I must to build a custom kernel for this pourpose.

I red man bootcdwrite and there stand this:
"It is important that the kernel can access the cdrom on the system,
where you want to boot from the CD, without having to load any modules.
(Because to load  modules  from  CD,  the kernel  must have access to
CD before).
If this is not the case you have first to create a new kernel with
CD-support built in."

I have installed 2.6.18-5-686 SMP linux-image.

I searched in config-2.6.18-5-686 file for the CD support line, but
not shore whether
I finded it.
Is it the following lines?

CONFIG_IDE=m