Re: Creating CD's frpm .iso files

Joe Hopkins <joe_hopkins@yahoo.com>:

>  I have a very basic Debian question.  I downloaded all of the 25
>  Debian .iso files and want to convert/write them to CDs.  I am

First, I don't know why.  I've never needed more than the first two.

>  trying to use the "InfraRecorder" program that I downloaded from
>  the Ubuntu web site.  (I also plan to install Ubuntu's version of

Is that a program which runs on Linux or some other OS?

>    1 - Is there a program, other than InfraRecorder, which will
>    convert these .iso files into CDs?

Most of these programs are front ends for the lower level utils which
actually do the work, and using them is a lot less complex.  First,
add yourself to the cdrom group.  Log out, then back in, or do it as
root and sort out user later.

   wodim --devices

should say where your burner is.  Use it as:

   wodim dev=/dev/hdd -eject -data driveropts=burnfree some.iso

>         If so, where can I contain it?

aptitude install wodim.