Re: getting gnome out of xfce4 in debian

Jimmy Wu wrote:
On Jan 24, 2008 6:04 PM, Damon L. Chesser <damon@damtek.com> wrote:
Try running update-alternatives.  You might be able to pick what term is
opened by default. You can take a look in /etc/alternatives to see what
can be changed.  I don't remember what the native xfce4 term is, I
always used gnome-terminal.  In the past, I installed XFCE4 then I would
install things like quanta or gnome-terminal as needed.  Now days, I
just run gnome, so I am a bit rusty on what apps (like click on the file
manager) opens what apps (the real app, like nautilus).  BTW, you can
set up nautilus to NOT take over your desktop by running nautilus
--no-desktop  IIRC, but I think that XFCE4 does this by default.

I'll look into that the next chance I get.

Jimmy, I have a pounding headache right now, so I will probably not
respond back anymore today, HTH!

You've already helped me a lot on the various threads I have started
on this list.  I rappreciate your time and effort - thanks!

I have installed XFCE4 and now I can't remember why I started using gnome! This thing uses less then half of the memory of gnome and is very functional.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com