Re: how to resize lvm root partition

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 11:28:17AM +0100, Stephane Durieux wrote:
> I would like to resize a lvm root partition but I don't know how

See the LVM-HOWTO (package doc-linux.html)

There's a huge difference between resize=grow vs resize=shrink.

> I must umount that partition so as to resize and fsck it

Why?  The fs doesn't care if the partition its on gets increased.  Just
enlarge the LV then remount the fs with the right param to make it grow.

To shrink, you have to shrink the fs first.  How do do all this depends
on what type of fs it is.

> I could try with a live cd but how to mount that partition

Don't know.  Never liked to use a live CD.

Doug.