Re: cpufrequtils

Kalessin wrote:
You should stay with the ondemand governor, you will not see any
difference, except on yout electricity bill (and on the environnement
too).

Anyway, just edit /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
and it should work.
(as root : echo "performance"
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)

You may need sysfsutils to set it up at boot time : edit /etc/sysfs.conf
and write :
devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor = performance

Best Regards.

The folks over in #vmserver on freenode say that the frequency scaling messes with the timing of the vms. I can say from my tests so far, this seems to be true. With ondemand my vms seem very sluggish taking up to 30 sec just to run a single ping command on the local net (not timing out, but just to run one ping and get a response) With performance, they are merely slow. So, I think I really need to switch to userspace and manually switch to full throttle when I need to get vm work done.

snip

Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com