Re: KDE4 installation on Debian!

On Jan 22, 2008 11:05 AM, Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm suprised that those are the only problems you encountered. Many people
> that did not listen to KDE's explanations have been really angry or upset about
> the state of KDE 4.0.0. In fact, KDE 4.0.0 is in many ways a beta or a 1.0
> product, due to the massive changes in the KDE and QT frameworks.

It was a pretty poor choice of version number, or too soon to call it
good enough depending on how you look at it.  Either way, waiting
until the basics like configuring the desktop (esp. the taskbar) and
Plasma worked right would have gone a long way in terms of first
impression and usability on more than a trivial basis.

> Anyway, 4.1 (hopefully in July) should be pretty nice:

/That/ should have been 4.0....

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca