Re: Server fails to boot after upgrade

> > I do not own a serial cable and I don't think that my Thinkpad T42 has
> > a serial port.
> >

> Not having a backup-plan for getting console access (e.g. either a
> monitor/keyboard or a serial cable and a USB/serial dongle) ranks up
> there with not having a data backup.

Point taken. But I do not fully agree. I have not lost my data. I can
access the data via the USB enclosure. Also, I have a backup of my
data on the encrypted disk.

> At least you can build a serial cable and USB dongles aren't very
> expensive.
>
> Does the laptop have a modem?  Does the server?  Dial in.

The laptop does have a modem. Unfortuneately, the  server does not.

I will try to get access to a monitor and a keyboard, although that
might prove to be difficult...

--
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Damgaard Nielsen