Re: recent updates

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 05:50:44 -0600 (CST)
Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:

> Is anyone else using pppoeconf also noticing a problem with the most
> recent version of dhclient where pppoeconf has to be run after each reboot
> in order to connect to the internet at all?  The dhclient software when
> run is claiming option space encapsulate doesn't exist but is configured.

I've also been getting this:

option_space_encapsulate: option space agent does not exist, but is
configured.

when using dhcp (either via ifup, or by manually doing 'dhclient eth0')
for several days now, but the interface comes up anyway.  I don't know
what this message means, and I don't know if anything is suboptimal,
but I do have net connectivity.  I don't use pppoeconf (or pppoe at
all).

Celejar