Enabling TLS support for Exim as server ?

As a perennial Newbie, I find the explanation in

"/usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/exim-gencert"

a bit too cryptic.

What information do I need to have to hand in order to run the
above-mentioned script -

i.e which requested inputs are mandatory and which are optional?

I would like to be able to use both my own ISP and GMail as the servers
that forwards my emails to recipients that need authentication.

Any other pointers will also be gratefully received.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)