Re: Movies, household network and 54g limits... (maybe...)

Original Message:
-----------------
From: johnny gionni.tiozzo@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:06:01 -0800 (PST)
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Movies, household network and 54g limits... (maybe...)

> I have no experience with wifi range extenders but it seems to me it
> should really just 'resend' the signal. If the extender is a 802.11g
> device, I'd expect it to produce the same throughput as the original
> source. I can imagine there might be some problems with both devices using
> the same channel. But that's just an uneducated guess.

They use the same channel (otherwise how communicating each other?).

I'm a bit ignorant here, only read a post of a bloke telling this...
my very uneducated guess...
I wrote to an author of a paper, as soon as I know something solid
I'll let you know.
Thanks

I have a Linksys (Cisco) range extender installed.  Yes it must use the
same channel as the router and yes it merely repeats the signal.
larry