Re: Where do you put your swap partition?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, tofu.oni@gmail.com wrote:

I like to put mine on a disk.

Just kidding.  My actual question is, should I put any thought into
where on the disk I place the swap partition?  At the beginning of the
disk?  At the end?  I thought it might be best to have it at the
beginning, immediately followed by root, and with other partitions
after that.  My thinking was that most reads and writes would occur in
root - and probably near the start of the root partition.  So having
the swap partition close by would reduce seek time by a couple of pico
seconds - which should translate to thousands of nanocents per year.

What do you guys think?