Re: pppoeconf / Verizon DSL

I have been using pppoeconf with a verizon dsl modem for three years
with no problem whatsoever.  I have an old box I use as a firewall - two
ethernet cards and always the current Debian stable distribution.  One
ethernet card is connected to the Verizon dsl modem which is connected
to the phone line.  Type pppoeconf and it immediately finds the access
concentrator.

I know this is no help if this doesn't work for you but you should know
that it is possible and no hassle whatsoever.

Tom