Re: Help with debconf

Back to my first problem, debconf doesn't reconfigure itself after the
purge. Here is the sequence of events,

pvalex:~# debconf-show pvrfs
* pvrfs/partition: /dev/hda2
pvalex:~# apt-get --purge remove pvrfs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED
  pvrfs*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 32.9MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 11683 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing pvrfs ...
Purging configuration files for pvrfs ...
debconf (developer): frontend started
debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is pvrfs
debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/pvrfs.postrm purge
debconf (developer): <-- PURGE
debconf (developer): --> 0
pvalex:~# debconf-show pvrfs
pvalex:~#
pvalex:~# apt-get install pvrfs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed
  pvrfs
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/32.5MB of archives.
After unpacking 32.9MB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  pvrfs
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Preconfiguring packages ...
debconf (developer): starting /tmp/pvrfs.config.112521 configure
debconf (developer): <-- INPUT high pvrfs/partition
debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped
debconf (developer): <-- GO
debconf (developer): --> 0 ok
Selecting previously deselected package pvrfs.
(Reading database ... 11676 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking pvrfs (from .../archives/pvrfs_0.1-75_mips.deb) ...
Setting up pvrfs (0.1-75) ...
debconf (developer): frontend started
debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is pvrfs
debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/pvrfs.config configure
debconf (developer): <-- INPUT high pvrfs/partition
debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped
debconf (developer): <-- GO
debconf (developer): --> 0 ok
debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/pvrfs.postinst configure
debconf (developer): <-- GET pvrfs/partition
debconf (developer): --> 0 /dev/hda2
debconf (developer): <-- STOP

Am I confused or would it be logical for debconf to reconfigure
instead of saying

debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped ?

Thanks again,
Alex