Re: Help with debconf

Hi,
Thanks for that. I actually forgot to include the postrm file to do
the purge, so that should fix it.

Another problem I have is that whiptail doesn't seem to display the
configuration dialog. I have the follwing processes,

 4838 pts/0    S+     0:00 sh -c { apt-get update;apt-get
--allow-unauthenticated install pvrfs; } 2>&1
 4842 pts/0    S+     0:00 apt-get --allow-unauthenticated install pvrfs
 4846 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true
 4847 pts/0    S+     0:01 /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt
 4854 pts/0    Z+     0:00 [dpkg-preconfigu] <defunct>
 4857 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/sh -e /tmp/pvrfs.config.48551 configure
 4859 pts/0    S+     0:00 whiptail --backtitle Package configuration
--title Configuring pvrfs --output-fd 12 --nocancel --default-item
/dev/hda2 --menu Choose a hard drive partition to perform the
filesystem upgrade on.??WARNING! ALL DATA IN THE CHOSEN PARTITION WILL
BE LOST??Choose partition to upgrade on: 16 72 4 -- /dev/hda1
/dev/hda2  /dev/hda3  /dev/hda4
 4867 pts/1    S+     0:00 whiptail --backtitle Package configuration
--title Configuring pvrfs --nocancel --default-item /dev/hda2 --menu
Choose a hard drive partition to perform the filesyst?em upgrade
on.??WARNING! ALL DATA IN THE CHOSEN PARTITION WILL BE LOST??Choose
partition to upgrade on: 16 72 4 -- /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2 /dev/hda3
/dev/hda4

>From the two whiptails, the first one failed to bring up a dialog, and
the second one was run manually by me and did bring the dialog. The
only difference is that the second one has no --output-fd.

My guess is that there is a problem with file descriptor 12, how can I
find out what is this descriptor supposed to be?

Thanks,
Alex