package list for CLI-only admin/service install

On my boxes I install a small Debian stable on its own partition for
service and rescue purposes, an alternative to the many live-CD
distros.

I've been looking for a Custom Debian Distributions or package list or
metapackage which would pull in plenty of CLI-only admin - rescue -
network - security tools, a few key servers (file, ssh,, and little
more),  basic clients for communicating (http, irc, etc etc) many
drivers, but no X.

I have also tried to lift the package list from existing  live-cd
distros, but it did not work out - and would have contained distro-
specific packages anyway, which is something I'd rather avoid.

Does anybody keep such a "pure Debian CLI tools"
metapackage or package list or CDD
with such a selction of apps?

TIA for all the wisdom I will receive!