Re: How to filter out mailing list spam with bogofilter

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 15:33, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 10:49:56PM +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I've yet to find out how to set this up, but am working on it. of course
> > it doesn't help that the spam from the list has virtually stopped now, so
> > have almost no mailing list spam to test this out with.
>
> If you still need a test list try debian-www. This is a low traffic list
> but with a high spam ratio.
>
> HTH,
> Andrei

Thanks for that Andrei. I still havn't got any further with bogofilter
filtering mailing list spam, but debian-www hopefully will give me a push to
have another go at  resolving the problem, with some help from the bogofilter
list.

Generally the mailing lists do a grand job of preventing spam turning up in
your mailbox. The 2 instances of spam floods since I've been on the list have
been due to human error, and since the latest one was stopped, I've only
received 3 spam emails that have got through the debian filters.

When I get the spam filtering from mailing lists with bogofilter problem
resolved, I'll post the info back to the list, as it may be helpfull for
someone.

Many thanks for your reply.

Nigel.